Sunday, December 11, 2011

I work in a daycare and this boy flirts with me VERY MATURELY. How do I get him to stop while being nice?

He's 10 and he follows me everywhere short of the restroom. He's a very big flirt (only with me.. not the other women there?) and sometimes pretty inappopriate towards me. He brushes up against me and comments on my ';female areas';



I pretend it doesn't bother me and treat him nicely, but its getting in the way of my other contact with parents and children. He is literally beside me from the moment I get to work until his mother picks him up.



Do you have any suggestions as to get him to back off NICELY while not harming his feelings and staying professional?



I didn't even know 10 yr olds flirt.. but he is (and VERY MATURE/ADULT flirting too!!)



HELP!! I don't want to quit my job, but this is getting too much for me..I work in a daycare and this boy flirts with me VERY MATURELY. How do I get him to stop while being nice?
I would tell him in a very calm way, that any comments about your ';female areas'; are not appropriate. And that brushing up against you isn't nice either. You have your personal space and he is interfering with that. Try to be as clear as you can, but also without emotion. He is old enough that you should be able to tell him this and have him understand.



If the problem doesn't fix itself then you should discuss this with your boss. She can tell you if she would like to handle it herself or have your talk to the parents directly.



I am sure (at least I hope) he is not trying to be as crude as he is being. He might have had some bad role models in his life. But regardless this is totally unacceptable behavior. If he wasn't as young as he is then it would definitely be sexual harassment. And so for your interests and his interest it needs to stop ASAP. He needs to learn his lesson now, before he really gets in trouble.I work in a daycare and this boy flirts with me VERY MATURELY. How do I get him to stop while being nice?
talk to his momma.

(:

that way she will talk to him and not you!

or, if that doesn't work...tell the person in charge whats going on...and if it keeps going on keep reporting it till they tell the mom that the kid cant go there anymore!

:D
have u tried telling the kid's parents?
why is a 10 year old in day care?

you mean he is in the after school program?

tell his teacher about it and if possible his parents.

simply tell the boy as nice as possible that it is inappropriate for him to say the things he says to you.
tell da mamma
why are you pretending it doesn't bother you? It does, and it should and you need to tell both him and his folks. Have a meeting with all of them to discuss this extremely inappropriate and rude behavior.



All the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment