Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Is it time for America to switch to boys-only schools and girls-only schools if we want to save our nation?

When I was in high school (affluent neighborhood outside of LA) boys spent 90% of the time chasing the muff or thinking how to impress the girls to get the muff. Girls spent 90% of the time flirting with boys and preparing the muff by putting makeup on and filing nails. No wonder, we did not learn much and still got accepted into colleges. Now we work in health care, business, engineering etc... we hold important jobs but do not measure up with our indian or korean counterparts who were studying their behinds off instead of chasing the muff... Isn't it time for a change, America?Is it time for America to switch to boys-only schools and girls-only schools if we want to save our nation?
As others have noted, Korean and Indian schools are mostly co-ed, not single sex.



Also, let me remind you that we do not allow ';separate but equal'; school segregation, whether they're segregated by race or by sex. Just about everyone in the district goes to the same public school. Parents can opt to send their kids to private schools, which may or may not be single sex, but the same school is available to every kid in the area.



I've known several graduates of same-sex schools. Teenagers WILL be pre-occupied by thoughts of sex, whether they're in mixed or single sex schools. There's no way around it. Human biology means that the body goes into puberty in the teen years, and teenagers are awash in hormones. If the kids are acting up, it's the fault of the parents first, for not teaching them proper manners, and then the school staff, for not properly enforcing the rules. Granted, the staff is somewhat inhibited as to what they can do to a kid, but they CAN encourage or discourage behaviors.Is it time for America to switch to boys-only schools and girls-only schools if we want to save our nation?
not really. Me and my brother went to co-ed schools and turned out fine. Single sex schools should be available definitely but I think its best for most schools to be co-ed. However, there should definitely no favoring of one gender in a certain school.
I think that it is time to switch the schools because this year in school (my freshman year in highschool) we already had two girls pregnant and both of them had abortions. I think that they're more busy doing it then actually studying and trying to get into college.
They have coeducational schools in India and Korea, so ';the muff'; ain't the problem, thank you very much.
Well most Korean schools are co-ed. How you do in school is usually how you are raised. If you let your kids go out and party at 13 then don't expect them to do outstanding in school.
The benefits of having gender specific schools are well documented. It would be great if our schools could make this change and get students to focus on their work more (among other benefits). To Marcus above, if you turned out just fine, why is it that you don't know that the proper grammar for your statement is ';My brother and I'; not ';me and my brother';?



The downside of all this theory, the schools are barely making it right now. Every day there are budgets cuts as they lose more and more funding. The schools in my area couldn't make this change if they wanted to, right now they are busy laying off teachers and trying to figure out how to cut millions out of their running expenses. Maybe when we as a society decide that schools are more important than fighter jets or congressmen getting a life long pension, these changes could be made.
At that age everyone's hormones are in overdrive and they're all looking to get laid. It doesn't matter if they're in a boy or girl school or a co-ed one. Thats how we're wired. Education should be co-ed. You're only going to make kids crazier when they're separated. Girls and boys in separated schools still care about their appearances and will party if they want. In fact they party harder to make up for what they think they're missing.



Kids in Asian countries study because they're programed to value education more so than we do in the west. They're co ed for the most part so it has nothing to do with separating the sexes. They still have some fun every now and then, I have plenty of foreign exchange student friends from there so I'd know about that.



Men and women should learn to deal with each other from early on. It's not natural to separate them. Leave the separation to sick shariah law countries! The only people who want separation are social cripples, perverts who can't control themselves so they project themselves on everyone else, or religious fanatics.



Manal: I went to an all girls school in Los Angeles and there were plenty of girls who had abortions. We even had one who kept her baby and continued her education. You can still meet guys and vice versa if you really want to that much. This will only make you want to do so more. We used to meet up with the boys from the boy school across the street in the cemetery nearby...really not that hard....
Or maybe America's students should learn a thing or two about responsibility and do their goddamn homework once in a while.
Have you forgotten that there are homosexual students as well? All boy and all girl schools aren't going to help anything, they will still be chasing ';the muff'; outside of school because they are hormone crazed teenagers.
Well I have an interesting perspective. I went to an all boys high school. It's true we did learn better and didn't face the same distractions as the other kids in my neighborhood who went to public high schools. However the experience left me socially awkward, nervous and too frightened to talk to girls after I graduated. It left lasting scars on my development at a young impressionable age. To this day I still can't bring myself to approach women I find attractive and feel nervous talking to them. As a result I've never been married, never had a girlfriend, never kissed a girl and have never even been on a date.



Of course attending an all boys school wasn't the only reason for my problems. I also grew up as an only child and could never have friends over at my home because of my mother's poor health. That certainly made matters much worse for me. Maybe separate schools for boys and girls is a good idea provided you balance it with a good social life after school and on weekends. It probably helps, too, if you come from a large family with brothers and sisters bringing their friends over. I had none of that in my situation. Overall I'd have to say getting a better high school education didn't really benefit me much in life but what I lost in my social development hurt me beyond repair.
The whole reason America is so popular is cause u get to GOOF OFF AT STUDIES!!!



=)
Separating boys and girls isn't the answer. Parenting/teaching them better is.
Women's Magazines.

No comments:

Post a Comment