Sunday, November 14, 2010

Help-I think I have problems with boys(and not just romantically)...!?

I'm 17 and my whole life I have been weird around boys or men. Basically I just don't know how to act around them, I can't have conversations with them instead I can only force a laugh or act really bitchy with them. It's not just with boys my own age, I'm the same when it comes to grown men even when I'm related to them I just have problems and I'm not comfortable with them. The only males I don't have problems with are my little brothers, but I'm even weird when it comes to their friends, and my dad but it took me awhile to be comfortable around him and even now we don't really have conversations but we just make fun of each other(not in a cruel way but in a funny way).

The problem may be due to the fact that growing up I never had a male role model in my life. My parents are still together and everything but my dad's in the army and I didn't see him much when I was younger and for about 5 years I only ever saw him on weekends and very rarely then because he lived in a different part of the country due to his job. I also lived away from my uncles and grandad and I only ever had female teachers and my brothers weren't born so my whole childhood was surrounded by females only!

I've never had a proper boyfriend because I feel embarassed and uncomfortable around them, but I really want a bf because I'm lonely and I've never had a male friend which is depressing because it would be nice to have a friend who was a guy. Any bf's I have had I've dumped after a few weeks because I just don't like being around them and I get uncomfortable when they try to act romantic and stuff.

The only times I have been okay around lads is when I'm drunk and then I have a lot of male attention but I'm okay with it...but I can't spend my whole life drunk can I!

Another problem is that I am a flirt and can flirt with boys I don't like(mainly when I'm drunk) so they see me more as someone they want to mess with for one night rather than a friend or something.

Any one help please? And please don't tell me to 'grow up' because I can't help the way I am with boys even thought I try!!Help-I think I have problems with boys(and not just romantically)...!?
i want u baby....let me kno, i kno wats going on wit u.......Help-I think I have problems with boys(and not just romantically)...!?
Grow up
Your are just shy around boys your age. I had the same problem except with girls but I somehow managed to get a spine and ask out the girl I really like and now were a happy couple who has been dating for 2 years and are now in our senior year. As for your relatives it's because there much older then u and they can't realy concect with you because there guys but as you get older ul grow more acustemed to them.

P.S. I'm a guy not a lez just so u no
Your problem is quite common among teenager, it is just because they are not sure about what they really want? What we think about the opposite sex often creates problem? I think it's you alone who can help yourself from overcoming your obsession. Search a good freind not a boy freind with whom you can share yourself with honesty you will have solution of your problem at your doorstep.
I think , not sure but you must have done your schooling from a proper girls school.Anyway I feel that since you have your younger brother , try opening out with his friends first.This will gradually give you lot of confidence.Initially select any two friends and start communication with them.Then after about two weeks ,ask your brother to ask those two Friends that how do you find talking to my elder sister.Upon receiving the feedback act accordingly.
may be your attitude towards boys is because of your distance from them. so don't worry. don't look at the physicality of men. look at them as a human. i will tell you boys make better friends than girls. try to be open with them discuss about more general things with them until you begin feeling comfortable. and about your bf..... when you converse with guys see who actually tries to understand you, who pays more attention to you. you can think of considering him (make sure he isin't a flirt). try to be frank with him tell him about your problem and if he really cares for you he will help you out of your misery. otherwise just let him off as a bad choice. try to understand them and what they want. don't flirt with them. and until and unless you make your choice try to be friends with as many boys as possible............................good luck
Well I think you should stretch your comfort zone before you go for a romantic relationship.

You have to take baby steps, like start to feel comfortable around your father, other relatives and boys you don't care for romantically. Try being friends with them. You need to understand your differences (male %26amp; female) to be able to feel confident around them.

Read a book about that like ';Men from Mars %26amp; Women from Venus';.



And don't be scared of trial and error. eventually you'll turn out to be fine. just be patient and don't worry about not giving the right impression.



Work on your self-talk. What do you tell yourself that makes you feel uncomfortable around boys. This is the beginning.
  • prom hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment